Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Bilaspur, India!!

Hello!! I write to you now from Bilaspur, India, which is our first town in the Himalayas in the state of Himachal Pradesh. My flight to New Delhi was uneventful--watched 2 more movies, Life of Pi (probably not the best for instilling confidence in travel) and Perks of Being a Wallflower, both good. I did not sleep all that well, so now I am exhausted! I've been traveling for so long. After arriving in New Delhi at 1:30 am local time, it took a while to get my bag and walk through customs (though no trouble there). Then I had a 6:45 am domestic flight to Chandigarh, where I met up with about 10 of my fellow travelers. After that flight, we met our drivers, had a snack, and waited for yet more of our group before the 5 hour drive into the mountains. We had a delicious lunch then went for a walk through the backskirts of town. I cannot wait to finally get some good sleep tonight. We will meet as a whole group at 6pm, get oriented, and prepared for tomorrow, when we will ride further into the Himalayas. I should be able to get back on the internet in another 5-6 days or so. Talk to you then!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness and good for you. Hope you're sleeping at this very minute and for hours around this very minute. When you can write again, give us the time difference, pictures, and I'll, meanwhile, find a map to chart where you are. And I'll love this blog and you.

    ReplyDelete